Saturday 19 May 2012

Patron Saint of Students

For the students undertaking exams:

Saint Joesph of Copertino (1603 - 1663) was a Francescan friar. Invoked by students as Patron because, with the help of the Lord and Our Lady, he overcame the may difficulties be faced in his studies.


The Lord enriched him with qualities such as wisdom, prophecy and levitation, the reason for which his was known as the 'The Flying Saint'.


His body is kept in Osimo (Ancona) in the splendid sanctuary dedicated to him.


Prayer


Saint Joseph of Copertino, patron saint of students, saint of joy, master of prayer, enchanted by the gospel and the Eucharist, accept my prayer with kindness.


You who have always faced the difficulties of life, without ever straying from the divine will, which you returned with faith and constant commitment; now understand the special state of mind in which I find myself and intercede via Our Lord so that he may grant the grace I so need... let me feel the divine presence and help me to follow, with your example, in his will.


Trusting in your protection, I renew with much faith my intention of gratitude and goodwill and I confide in your support


In Christ our Lord. Amen


Pater Noster, Ave Maria, Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment